It’s normal to over buy a ton of fruits
(and vegetables) all the time, right? We can’t seem to eat fruit fast enough in my house. This week I was on a mission to salvage some of the extra berries I had from my grocery haul; I give you “Berry Simple Compote”. I added some compote to my Instant Pot Yogurt and stored them in awesome reusable baby food/yogurt pouches I bought on Amazon! My toddler can not get enough, SHE LOVES IT!!! SO DOES MY HUSBAND! You can add this compote to ice cream (think a warm oatmeal cookie sundae with vanilla ice cream and a spoonful of this stuff…….oooooomg) or cake, or waffles, pancakes, french toast or crepes??? SO GOOD!
- 6oz Container of Raspberries
- 6oz container of Blueberries
- 6oz container of Strawberries, chopped.
- 1/2 cup of sugar or coconut sugar
- 1Tbsp. Simply Lemonade
- Wash all berries. In a pan add all berries and coat with sugar and 1 Tbsp. of lemonade.
- LET SOAK FOR 15 minutes before turning on stove-top.
- Once berries are throughly soaked and slightly softened, turn stove to medium heat and stir for about 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved and syrup is present.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving!
You can use any berries you’d like just adjust to taste and don’t forget to let the berries marinade in the sugar and lemonade before turning the stove on! This recipe is also works for frozen fruit!